Ambridge Area School District Best Offer:
Ambridge Area Education Association Best Offer:
The Ambridge Area School District has been very busy applying for grants across the district. Teachers and administrators have been working hard to find opportunities for our students. The grants have been coming in from local and federal funds to allow us the chance to enrich our existing curriculum. Grants awarded in the last three months alone total almost $25,000.00. Congratulations to everyone who helped secure these funds and bring more opportunities to our students. Below is a comprehensive list of some of the grants awarded this school year:
- 2016-2017 Safe Schools Initiative Targeted Equipment Grant in the amount of $17,700.00 from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The purpose of the grant is to provide security equipment to schools. We are authorized to purchase the Raptor Visitor Management System. This will be implemented in all five buildings. Major efforts to secure this grant were done by Travis Mineard and Lori Heim with the assistance of John Booher.
- 2016 McDonald’s MAC Grant in the amount of $500.00 from The MAC Grants Program, an initiative sponsored by local McDonald’s Owner/Operators. The grant is to help the teacher provide hands-on activities to enhance the learning process for students. Don Ayers was instrumental in securing this grant.
- 2017 McDonald’s MAC Grant in the amount of $500.00 from The MAC Grants Program, an initiative sponsored by local McDonald’s Owner/Operators. The grant is to help the teacher provide hands-on activities to enhance the learning process for students. Don Ayers was instrumental in securing this grant.
- Beaver County Education Trust (B.C.E.T.) grant in the amount of $1,000.00 to conduct a STEAM Walk in our school district. Don Ayers and Brad Olenic, teachers at the Junior High School, were instrumental in securing this grant.
- Beaver County Educational Trust (B.C.E.T.) mini grant in the amount of $500.00. Carrie Malinich, a teacher at Economy Elementary, was instrumental in securing this grant.
- Beaver County Educational Trust (B.C.E.T.) Story Walk grant in the amount of $600.00. Marion Dodsworth, a teacher at State Street Elementary, was instrumental in securing this grant.
- Beaver County Educational Trust (B.C.E.T.) mini grant in the amount of $500.00. Caitlin Conroy, a teacher at Economy Elementary and State Street Elementary, was instrumental in securing this grant.
- Beaver County Education Trust (B.C.E.T.) grant in the amount of $1,000.00 to conduct a STEAM Walk in our school district. Nicole Darroch, a teacher at Highland Elementary and State Street Elementary was instrumental in securing this grant.
- The Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh grant in the amount of $570.00 to be used for ‘Project Blast Off’. Materials and supplies will be utilized on an ongoing basis in STEAM class. Nicole Darroch, a teacher at Highland Elementary and State Street Elementary was instrumental in securing this grant.
- SACP Equipment Grant in an amount not to exceed $600.00. Carrie Keber, a teacher at Economy Elementary, was instrumental in securing this grant.
- SACP Equipment Grant, equipment will total $561.70. Nicole Darroch, a teacher at Highland Elementary and State Street Elementary, was instrumental in securing this grant.
Ambridge Area School District Modified 2016-2017 School Calendar
It is recommended the Ambridge Area School District 2016-2017 school calendar be modified as follows:
January, 2017 (School Make-Up Days)
Friday, January 13………… Full Day (K-12)
Monday, January 16…….. School Make-Up Day….(1) (Full Day)
Tuesday, January 17……… School Make-Up Day…(2) (Full Day)
February, 2017 (School Make-Up Days)
Monday, February 20……. School Make-Up Day… (3) (Full Day)
March, 2017 (School Make-Up Day)
Friday, March 10…………… Full Day (K-12)
April, 2017 (School Make-Up Day)
Wednesday, April 12……… Full Day (K-12)
Thursday, April 13………….. School Make-Up Day..(4) (Full Day)
Friday, April 14……………….. School Make-Up Day..(5) (Full Day)
Monday, April 17……………. School Make-Up Day..(6) (Full Day)
May, 2017 (School Make-Up Day)
Friday, May 5………………….. Full Day (K-12)
Tuesday, May 30…………….. School Make-Up Day..(7) (Full Day)
Wednesday, May 31……….. School Make-Up Day..(8) (Full Day)
June, 2017 (School Make-Up Day)
- Monday, June 12……………. School Make-Up Day…(9) (Full Day)
- Tuesday, June 13……………. School Make-Up Day…(10) (Full Day)
- Wednesday, June 14………. School Make-Up Day Elementary and Secondary / 180th Day of School for Secondary only (11 for Secondary) (Full Day)
Thursday, June 15…………… School Make-Up Day / Elementary only / 180th Day of School for Elementary only (11 for Elementary) (Full Day)
Thursday, June 15…………….In-Service Day / Secondary Only
Friday, June 16………………….Clerical Day / Elementary and Secondary
The following days in January have been changed on our district calendar to FULL days of school:
- Friday, January 13 (Full Day K-12)
- Monday, January 16 (Full Day K-12)
- Tuesday, January 17 (Full Day K-12)
School will be in session for ALL of the remaining weekdays in January. The district is currently working on publishing a new calendar for the remainder of the school year. You will be receiving a copy within the next few days.
AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
• Responding to numerous parent concerns about the Trump Rally in the Field House
• The District will have a shortened school day for all students tomorrow Monday, October 10, 2016
• The High School and Junior High School will dismiss at 11:00 AM
• The Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12:00 noon
• Parents using their own judgment may believe it is better to keep their children home from school on Monday
• District Officials have been monitoring the planning with Law Enforcement since last week and met on Friday with Secret Service and local law enforcement and were satisfied with the planning to date – Again, today Sunday District Officials have observed planning at the Field House are satisfied with the level of national, local and district preparations.
• Keep in mind that when Mr. Trump makes his remarks at the Field House which is a separate building away from the high school building all of the district school buildings will be closed including the high school
• No student will be required to attend or encouraged to attend this rally, that decision will be up to those students and their parents
The Student Portal is now available!
The Ambridge Area School District is implementing a new Student Information System (SIS) this year for student data. Tyler Student 360 offers parents, students, and district staff online access to student information via the Web on PCs or tablets or on a smartphone application — providing comprehensive functionality with a touch-friendly, intuitive interface. Our portal will provide access to announcements, assignments, attendance, calendars, grades, schedules, and student details.
To begin using the Student Portal, go to the Tyler SIS Student 360 web page: https://tyler.ambridge.k12.pa.us/TSI_Live_360
Or you may download the free Tyler SIS Student 360 Mobile app from Apple iTunes or Google Play.
• Android (Phone and tablet)
• iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Username and Password
All K-12 students will have an account to access the Tyler 360 portal. The username for the Tyler 360 Portal is the student email address. The student email address is the student’s network username followed by the student email domain (@ambridgearea.org). All student email addresses follow the same pattern. The first two characters are the intended graduation year. The next two characters are the first two letters of the student’s first name. The next string of characters is the student’s entire last name. The last two characters are the last two digits of the student ID number.
The password for the Tyler 360 portal will be the student ID number. The students will be prompted to change it when they log into the system. We recommend that they change it to their network login password. This is the password they use for almost all of the programs in the Ambridge Area School District. However, this is just a suggestion. Students can choose any password that fits the Tyler 360 password requirements. See example below:
Name: Lori Heim
Graduation Year: 2017
Student ID: 171234
Network Username: 17loheim34
Tyler 360 password: 171234
Tyler SIS Parent and Student Portal
We have exciting news! The Ambridge Area School District is implementing a new Student Information System (SIS) this year for student data. This spring, the School Board approved the purchase of Tyler SIS. Tyler will be replacing our old portal (Edline), our teacher gradebook (Gradequick), and our administrative SIS database (Prosoft). Parents will now have access to more information than ever through our Tyler portal. Tyler Student 360 offers parents, students and district staff online access to student information via the Web on PCs or tablets or on a smartphone application — providing comprehensive functionality with a touch-friendly, intuitive interface.
The dashboard is customizable — tiles can be dragged to new positions, added or removed to create a personalized user experience. Inside the program, users are presented with organized screens, which they can scan for at-a-glance information or open up for details.
Each parent or guardian (and students) will have a unique user name and password by which to view the portal. By using this Web-based application (or app), users will be able to:
+ View grades, attendance, transportation, discipline, health, academic history and graduation information. (These will be rolled out in phases)
+ View individual, cumulative and class standing grades as soon as they are posted.
+ Keep track of class schedules, assignments, grades, helpful websites and more.
+ Monitor individual, cumulative and class standing grades, which are available as soon as they are posted.
+ Keep track of assignment descriptions and attached documents any time via the portal.
+ View district and school announcements and system-generated alerts for key events.
+ Easily communicate with school staff via a built-in email system.
As we transition the district to Tyler SIS we ask for your patience as we prepare for the launch. Parent and student information will be available soon.
PROPERTY FOR SALE
Ambridge Area School District is offering the former school known as Ridge Road Elementary for bids. The property is located at 1855 Zehnder Road Economy Borough Beaver County, Pennsylvania and consists of 3.65 acres improved with a one story metal former school building containing 22,234 square feet, plus a partial basement. The RFP for this sale will be available beginning on May 31, 2016. Bid packets may be picked up at the District Administration Office at 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 or can be downloaded at the bottom of this article.
The property will be open for inspection by bidders on June 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The deadline for receipt of proposals is 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016. Bids will opened at the Board meeting on June 22, 2016 at Ambridge Area High School at 7:00 pm.
May 30th, 2016 – Memorial Day – No School
May 31st, 2016 - Snow Make-Up Day – No School
June 1st, 2016 – Kennywood School Picnic - No School
June 3rd, 2016 - Last Day for Students | Senior High Graduation
Dismissal times for June 3rd :
Secondary Schools will dismiss at 11:00 A.M.
Primary Schools will Dismiss at 12 Noon
Graduation starts promptly at 6:00 P.M.
PUBLIC INSPECTION OF PROPOSED 2016-2017 FINAL BUDGET
In accordance with Act 1 of 2006, notice is hereby given that the Board of School Directors of the Ambridge Area School District will make the 2016-2017 School Year Proposed Final Budget available for public inspection beginning on May 23, 2016, on the district website at www.ambridge.k12.pa.us and in the Superintendent’s Office at 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Final action on said budget will be taken at a meeting of the Ambridge Area School Board to be held on June 22, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the Auditorium of Ambridge Area High School, 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003.
By Order of the Board
The Ambridge Area School District will operate three PA Pre-K Counts Classroom servicing three-year old and four-year old students. Four-year old students have first priority. The School District is accepting applications for the Pre-K classroom. Our program will service twenty students per classroom. If you are interested in the program and meet the requirements, applications are located in the elementary offices and the Attendance Office at the Senior High School. Only students with complete applications will be considered for the program. When completing the application, please bring the required documentation.
The Pre-K Counts Program serves both breakfast and lunch. Transportation is provided for all students. Our program is recognized by the State for offering high quality instruction in all areas of early childhood development—social, academic, gross motor, fine motor, and behavior. In addition, a wide range of services are offered to our families who participate in the program.
For more information, click on the link below.
The annual school picnic for the Ambridge Area School District will be held on Wednesday, May 29, 2019, at Kennywood Park. The park opens at 10:30 a.m. and rides start at 11:00 a.m.
Amusement tickets for Kennywood Park will be sold on Monday, March 18, 2018, at the respective schools as follows:
Ambridge Area High School 7:50 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
Ambridge Area Middle School 9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Economy Elementary School 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Highland Elementary School 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
State Street Elementary School 12:00 noon – 12:30 p.m.
Online Ticket sales are available at http://www.kennywood.com/ambridge