A group of 33 enrichment students from our three elementary schools enjoyed a day out to learn all about Space Exploration.
On February 19, they attended a CLO show entitled BEYOND THE MOON, that was performed at Rochester High School, and sponsored by the GIFTED CONSORTIUM of Beaver County.
The students learned about famous astronauts and their discovery of what is beyond our planet Earth.
This show, with its educational scope, as well as the professional stage entertainment, left the students wanting more!
The elementary students in grade 3, 4, and 5 enjoyed this educational trip, and wrapped up their exciting day by visiting McDonald’s in Baden for lunch. Mrs. Petukauskas and Mr. Price were proud of the student’s behavior, and look forward to our next venture in the enrichment program!
The annual school picnic for the Ambridge Area School District will be held on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at Kennywood Park. The park opens at 10:30 a.m. and rides start at 11:00 a.m. Amusement tickets for Kennywood Park will be sold on Monday, March 18, 2019, at the respective schools as follows:
A School FunDay Ticket is $28.00. Cash or money orders (payable to Kennywood) will be accepted -- no checks. Amusement tickets will be sold at the High School from Tuesday, March 19. 2019, until Friday, March 22, 2019, (from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) or until the supply of tickets are sold.All sales are final.No amusement tickets will be sold at theAmbridge Area High School after March 22,2019.You may purchase tickets online at www.kennywood.com/ambridge up until the day of the School Picnic, May 29,2019.
School FunDay tickets will be valid on May 29, 2019, or every operating day in May, June through July 5, and September. Also, these tickets will be valid any weekday in July and August, with a $10.00 surcharge for Saturdays and Sundays starting July 6 through August. Please note that school tickets at the discounted price are not sold at the park. The cost of general admission, purchased at the gate, is $54.99. Children ages three (3) and under will be admitted free of charge and will be permitted to ride free of charge. Guests age 55 and over (proof of age required) will be able to purchase, at the gate, a Sr. FunDay ticket for $28.99. Guests under 46" in height will be able to purchase, at the gate, a Jr. FunDay ticket for $36.99.
It's that time of year again! Time to register the little ones for Pre-K!
The Ambridge Area School District will operate three PA Pre-K Counts Classrooms in 2019-2020, servicing 3 and 4 year olds, with 4 year olds having first priority for enrollment. The program is available at each of our elementary schools, with 20 students maximum accepted at each school. Students are enrolled at the elementary school closest to their geographic location, regardless of whether they have siblings in the building to which they will be assigned.
A completed registration packet and all requested documentation is required before students can be considered for enrollment. Registration packets are available here. Once 20 students are enrolled at each school, a waiting list will be established. Breakfast, lunch and transportation to and from the program are provided.
Registration dates are as follows:
- Feb. 5 - State Street Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 6 - Economy Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 7 - Highland Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Documentation required at the time of registration includes:
- Completed registration packet;
- Proof of residency;
- Dental form signed by dentist;
- Original birth certificate;
- Physical form signed by physician; and
- Immunization records.
For questions, or to make an appointment for registration, please contact Cathy Hopkins at 724-266-2833, Ext. 1273.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held in February 2019.
Registration dates for each school are as follows:
State Street Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 5
Economy Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 6
Highland Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 7
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 12 @ Ambridge Area High School
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on February 19 @ Ambridge Area High School
Free back packs with books and supplies will be provided to every child registering. Free T-Shirts also will be provided to registrants. Light refreshments will be served. Pizza will be provided at the two evening registration events.
Children must be age five on or before September 1, 2019 to register for Kindergarten. Information about the required documents needed for registration can be found here.
Students explore programming and engineering in STEAM class - building and programming helicopters, dragsters, earthquake simulators, space shuttles, and more. #LegoWeDo #STEAMcatalyst
Highland hosted an assembly to honor our local veterans on Tuesday, Nov. 13. Members of the Air National Guard brought safety equipment for the students to try on. JROTC cadets and the color guard, accompanied by Sgt. Major Short from the High School, also visited. Students at all grade levels spoke during the assembly. Our student speakers were:
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!