State Street Elementary
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade were awarded a certificate for being chosen as November Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students and has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, do an excellent job calling out the warm-ups, be a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with Mrs. Parisi in the picture are: ASHDEN WAGNER, ABIGAIL DOBICH, AUBRIE HUDAK, VINCENZO PALITTI, MEADOW HERNANDEZ, MCKENZIE BROOKS, GRACE LEE, KAITLYNN RIGGS, PIERCE BOUTERSE, GIDEON HARMON, DESIREE HAWK & MADALYN SHAFFER.
Congratulations to all!
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade were awarded a certificate for
being chosen as Oct. Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students and has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, do an excellent job calling out the warm-ups, be a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with State Streets Principal Mrs. Hoover and Mrs. Parisi in the picture are: ALEXA MCFARLAND, CELINA HANK, BRAYDEN CUPP, IZABELLE CHEHOVITS, CANDISE RUSSIN, BRENLEE KNOX, LAYLA HOO, CAMERON CAIN, JAYDEN PLOHR, NOAH FABRIZIO, ADRIEN ROTONDO AND NATALEE SWEENEY.
Congratulations to all!
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Congratulations to the students and staff of State Street Elementary School for being selected as a Title I Distinguished School for the 2018-2019 School Year.
Each year, the Division of Federal Programs honors and recognizes the top performing Title I schools in Pennsylvania. State Street is among 158 Title I schools to be named Distinguished Schools for meeting all four Annual Measurable Objectives, which includes scoring in the top 5 percent in English Language Arts (ELA) and Math PSSA assessments and showing marked growth in the Pennsylvania Value-Added Assessment System (PVAAS).
The Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Division of Federal Programs will honor and recognize State Street Elementary School at the 2019 Title I Improving Schools’ Performance Conference in Kansas City, Missouri in February 2019.
Additionally, State Street has been invited to share its success with other educators as presenters at the 2019 Title I Improving Schools’ Performance Conference being held Jan. 13-16, 2019 at the Sheraton Station Square in Pittsburgh.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!
Welcome back Bridgers!
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 School Year is Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018. Back-to-school supply lists are posted on the website here.
Instructional times for each of the grade levels is as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:25 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
Summer is almost over! The 2018-2019 School Year for AASD students begins on Wednesday, Aug. 29. School supply lists for students by grade level are available below. Please click on the link that corresponds to your child's grade level for the supplies they will need to start the year. Additional supplies may be requested by individual teachers once the school year begins.
The Ambridge Area School District is pleased to announce that it will be offering 4th Grade Band and Chorus to students for the 2018-2019 School Year.
The format for the 4th grade program will be similar to programming for 5th and 6th graders, and will include small group instructional time for like instruments. Students interested in learning more about the 4th grade band and chorus program will receive informational packets during the first week of school.