State Street Elementary
It's that time of year again! Time to register the little ones for Pre-K!
The Ambridge Area School District will operate three PA Pre-K Counts Classrooms in 2019-2020, servicing 3 and 4 year olds, with 4 year olds having first priority for enrollment. The program is available at each of our elementary schools, with 20 students maximum accepted at each school. Students are enrolled at the elementary school closest to their geographic location, regardless of whether they have siblings in the building to which they will be assigned.
A completed registration packet and all requested documentation is required before students can be considered for enrollment. Registration packets are available here. Once 20 students are enrolled at each school, a waiting list will be established. Breakfast, lunch and transportation to and from the program are provided.
Registration dates are as follows:
- Feb. 5 - State Street Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 6 - Economy Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 7 - Highland Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Documentation required at the time of registration includes:
- Completed registration packet;
- Proof of residency;
- Dental form signed by dentist;
- Original birth certificate;
- Physical form signed by physician; and
- Immunization records.
For questions, or to make an appointment for registration, please contact Cathy Hopkins at 724-266-2833, Ext. 1273.
State Street STEAM students are learning the fundamentals of coding with Dash and Dot robots. Students solve problems using sequences, events, and loops. Students use Dash Challenge Cards to learn the fundamentals of coding through fun robot games. Dash is smart enough to respond to voices and sounds and Dash can dance and sing, which makes for a fun and interactive learning experience for our students. Dash was the winner of the Creative Child 2017 Kid's Product of the Year & 2017 Toy of the Year Awards. We are happy to have Dash & Dot in our elementary STEAM classroom.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held in February 2019.
Registration dates for each school are as follows:
State Street Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 5
Economy Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 6
Highland Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 7
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 12 @ Ambridge Area High School
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on February 19 @ Ambridge Area High School
Free back packs with books and supplies will be provided to every child registering. Free T-Shirts also will be provided to registrants. Light refreshments will be served. Pizza will be provided at the two evening registration events.
Children must be age five on or before September 1, 2019 to register for Kindergarten. Information about the required documents needed for registration can be found here.
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade were awarded a certificate for being chosen as November Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students and has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, do an excellent job calling out the warm-ups, be a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with Mrs. Parisi in the picture are: ASHDEN WAGNER, ABIGAIL DOBICH, AUBRIE HUDAK, VINCENZO PALITTI, MEADOW HERNANDEZ, MCKENZIE BROOKS, GRACE LEE, KAITLYNN RIGGS, PIERCE BOUTERSE, GIDEON HARMON, DESIREE HAWK & MADALYN SHAFFER.
Congratulations to all!
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade were awarded a certificate for
being chosen as Oct. Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students and has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, do an excellent job calling out the warm-ups, be a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with State Streets Principal Mrs. Hoover and Mrs. Parisi in the picture are: ALEXA MCFARLAND, CELINA HANK, BRAYDEN CUPP, IZABELLE CHEHOVITS, CANDISE RUSSIN, BRENLEE KNOX, LAYLA HOO, CAMERON CAIN, JAYDEN PLOHR, NOAH FABRIZIO, ADRIEN ROTONDO AND NATALEE SWEENEY.
Congratulations to all!
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Congratulations to the students and staff of State Street Elementary School for being selected as a Title I Distinguished School for the 2018-2019 School Year.
Each year, the Division of Federal Programs honors and recognizes the top performing Title I schools in Pennsylvania. State Street is among 158 Title I schools to be named Distinguished Schools for meeting all four Annual Measurable Objectives, which includes scoring in the top 5 percent in English Language Arts (ELA) and Math PSSA assessments and showing marked growth in the Pennsylvania Value-Added Assessment System (PVAAS).
The Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Division of Federal Programs will honor and recognize State Street Elementary School at the 2019 Title I Improving Schools’ Performance Conference in Kansas City, Missouri in February 2019.
Additionally, State Street has been invited to share its success with other educators as presenters at the 2019 Title I Improving Schools’ Performance Conference being held Jan. 13-16, 2019 at the Sheraton Station Square in Pittsburgh.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!