Attention 8th Grade Parent/Guardians:
Agenda:1st Annual 8th – 9th Grade Transition Night
When: December 18, 2017
Where: Ambridge Area High School
Who: 8th Grade Parent/Guardians
Time: 5:45 PM Check-In / Refreshments / Raffle Entry
6:00 PM Report to Classrooms
The Ambridge Area School District would like to welcome you to the First annual 8th – 9th grade Transition Night to be held on December 18, 2017 at Ambridge Area High School. Our staff and current students will be on hand to discuss the following:
1. Course Map/Progression of Classes from 8th – 12th grade: i.e. Algebra I, Algebra II, etc.
2. Grade Requirements / Pre-requisite / Placement exams
3. General discussion of classes / Interest areas
4. Advanced Placement and Acceleration Tracks / Curriculum
5. Understanding the scheduling process: Course Selection, Arena Scheduling and Selecting Courses
All attendees will be entered into a drawing to win one of four $25.00 gift cards to local businesses. Refreshments will also be served as you learn about the future curriculum and classes of your student. Members of the National Honor Society and Student Council will also be on hand to offer first-hand experience and information pertaining to High School Involvement.
Please join us for a wonderful and informational night of learning of the future educational experience of your student at the High School Level. We look forward to meeting everyone as we continue to prepare our students for a future of educational and career success for the 2018-2019 school year!
We look forward to meeting with you.
Ambridge Area High School Staff