During the week of February 4-8, students had the opportunity to learn about the importance of nutrition on their growing bodies. Representatives from Turner Dairy stopped by to talk about what it's like to be a cow and have the important job of making milk for growing bodies. Thank you to Turner Dairy for this special presentation!
PHYSICAL EDUCATION STAR STUDENTS OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY, 2019 ECONOMY ELEMENTARY
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade were awarded a certificate for
being chosen as January Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students.
Mrs. Parisi has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, do an excellent job calling out the warm-ups, being a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their
best. Along with Mrs. Parisi in the picture are: COOPER RICE, MARISSA WATERS, GENEVIEVE BOGATI, LUCA FERRAGONIO, BRETT HINDS, CADEN ILNICKI, COOPER BELKOT, DOUGLAS MITCHELL JR., MAEGAN FITZGIBBONS, WYATT GRAF, SKYLER LEWARCHIK, CLAYTON GEWETH, HANNAH HOHMAN, COLTONHISIRO, NYAHNNA COLLINS & ABBY SMITH.
Missing from the picture are: AUBREY WESOLOWSKI & VIRGINIA BIRKMIRE.
Congratulations to all!
It's that time of year again! Time to register the little ones for Pre-K!
The Ambridge Area School District will operate three PA Pre-K Counts Classrooms in 2019-2020, servicing 3 and 4 year olds, with 4 year olds having first priority for enrollment. The program is available at each of our elementary schools, with 20 students maximum accepted at each school. Students are enrolled at the elementary school closest to their geographic location, regardless of whether they have siblings in the building to which they will be assigned.
A completed registration packet and all requested documentation is required before students can be considered for enrollment. Registration packets are available here. Once 20 students are enrolled at each school, a waiting list will be established. Breakfast, lunch and transportation to and from the program are provided.
Registration dates are as follows:
- Feb. 5 - State Street Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 6 - Economy Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 7 - Highland Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Documentation required at the time of registration includes:
- Completed registration packet;
- Proof of residency;
- Dental form signed by dentist;
- Original birth certificate;
- Physical form signed by physician; and
- Immunization records.
For questions, or to make an appointment for registration, please contact Cathy Hopkins at 724-266-2833, Ext. 1273.
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade were awarded a certificate forbeing chosen as September Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students.
Mrs. Parisi has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, do an excellent job calling out the warm-ups, being a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best.
Along with Mrs. Parisi in the picture are: MACKENZIE CURRY, TYLER PINCHOT, BENJAMIN HOKE, TY HARTMAN, JORDAN LARIMORE, NATALIE DUNN, SIDNEY KRATOCHVIL, KATELYN MCPHERSON, HAVANNA HAZELWOOD, MORGAN HARTMAN, OWEN HAMMOND, HOLLY BUDZAK, MILEENA UNSWORTH, DENO CASTELLANO, HAYDEN GRANT, MICHAEL BRIOLA AND ELI HARTMAN.
Missing from the picture is: Avery Green
Congratulations to all!
Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held in February 2019.
Registration dates for each school are as follows:
State Street Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 5
Economy Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 6
Highland Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 7
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 12 @ Ambridge Area High School
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on February 19 @ Ambridge Area High School
Free back packs with books and supplies will be provided to every child registering. Free T-Shirts also will be provided to registrants. Light refreshments will be served. Pizza will be provided at the two evening registration events.
Children must be age five on or before September 1, 2019 to register for Kindergarten. Information about the required documents needed for registration can be found here.
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!
Welcome back Bridgers!
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 School Year is Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018. Back-to-school supply lists are posted on the website here.
Instructional times for each of the grade levels is as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:25 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.