Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held in February 2019.
Registration dates for each school are as follows:
State Street Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 5
Economy Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 6
Highland Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 7
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 12 @ Ambridge Area High School
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on February 19 @ Ambridge Area High School
Free back packs with books and supplies will be provided to every child registering. Free T-Shirts also will be provided to registrants. Light refreshments will be served. Pizza will be provided at the two evening registration events.
Children must be age five on or before September 1, 2019 to register for Kindergarten. Information about the required documents needed for registration can be found here.
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!
Welcome back Bridgers!
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 School Year is Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018. Back-to-school supply lists are posted on the website here.
Instructional times for each of the grade levels is as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:25 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
A little rain couldn't chase away the fun at the Popsicles on the Playground social event!
Summer is almost over! The 2018-2019 School Year for AASD students begins on Wednesday, Aug. 29. School supply lists for students by grade level are available below. Please click on the link that corresponds to your child's grade level for the supplies they will need to start the year. Additional supplies may be requested by individual teachers once the school year begins.
The Ambridge Area School District is pleased to announce that it will be offering 4th Grade Band and Chorus to students for the 2018-2019 School Year.
The format for the 4th grade program will be similar to programming for 5th and 6th graders, and will include small group instructional time for like instruments. Students interested in learning more about the 4th grade band and chorus program will receive informational packets during the first week of school.
Along with Mrs. Parisi the Economy Elementary Physical Education Teacher and Bradley Cavanagh the Youth Market Director for the American Heart Association are the Top Three students from Economy who collected the most money for the American Heart Association, when they participated in the Jump Rope for Heart/ Hoops for Heart Fund Raiser in their gym class. We are proud to announce that we raised $ 4,773.00 for the American Heart Association. In doing so, we also received $200.00 in much needed physical education equipment.
Kennedy Hummert was the top fundraiser in the school. She raised $530.00.
KENNEDY HUMMERT, HAVANNA HAZELWOOD & COOPER WAGNER