On November 3rd, the Ambridge Area High School had the privilege to host The Beaver County Arts Education Consortium’s annual Woodwind Day. Our high school music department hosted student musicians, who play the flute, clarinet, saxophone, or a double reed instrument and want to improve their performance skills. This year’s event brought 55 high school students from six different school districts, including Beaver Falls, Blackhawk, Freedom, New Brighton, Rochester, and Western Beaver. Clinicians from Slippery Rock University, led by Dr. Cassandra Eisenreich, provided a productive day of instruction in both full ensemble and section masterclass settings. Representing Ambridge Area High School were Elisabetta Pucci, Kylee Bobak, Carlina Powell, Amanda Hicks, Samantha Farah, Marissa Hooks, Owen Rotthoff, Mackenzie Dugan, Jeremiah Giordani, Samantha Shallcross, Hailey Sterling, and Maddie Goepfert.
Pictures of Renick Sheet Metal Foreman Rob Dunbar whom resides in Freedom Pa. Pictures capture the care taken to prevent dirt from entering the duct after production in Butler Pa and as its stored on the project site. The procedure of covering duct in this fashion is used in Leeds Certified projects.
Installations under way
• The Piping mains in the hallways are about 98 percent installed and have been pressure tested.
• All of the classroom Unit Ventilators and Shelving Units have been demolished.
• The pads have been poured in the mechanical Room and the Major equipment and pumps have been set on them.
• The Chiller Pad is constructed.
• The two Air Handling Units in that supply the locker rooms are demolished and the replacements are hung in place.
• Ductwork and Piping are being installed on in the Mezzanine and is 90 % complete.
• The Roofing is finished and the RTUs are set in place.
• Piping run outs have been started and are 90% Complete- Insulation is following very closely to piping completions.
• Electrical circuits are being installed.
• Mini Cassette Evaporator hung in Shop and Faculty area.
• DLC has been on site for first shutdown and is sending an engineer to access the vault condition.
• Switch Gear is in schedule and will arrive by Monday 8/15/16
• Unit Ventilators began arriving a today. All will be received by next week. Installations of UVs beginning immediately.
• Installation of Boilers, HW Heaters, Pumps and other Hydronic have started and are around 40 % installed.
• OZ Enterprises have begun installing the Controls wiring.
As the school year progresses, the MJROTC program has been working diligently in the areas of community service and community connections throughout Beaver County. Recently, the program was highlighted in the Beaver County Times in recognition of honoring our veterans in the area. On behalf of the MJROTC program and Ambridge Area School District, please join us in the recognition of our student’s community events and promotions with the attached pictures and articles below.
Beaver County Times: November 19, 2017: Hopewell VFW:
In honors of Veterans day, on November 11, 2017, the MJROTC program alongside board and community members attended a Veteran’s day program at the Villa St. Joseph. The cadets provided flags for the Veteran’s doors and performed the flag folding ceremony for all, alongside passing out refreshments for the residents to enjoy. Each year, the MJROTC cadets participate in community service and are held to a high standard of excellence in community service, conduct and academics as part of their enrollment requirements of the program.
MCJROTC also conducts a promotion night once a year to recognize those cadets who have earned a promotion in the program. Great performance and conduct are two of the main reasons cadets can earn a promotion. Family and friends were invited to enjoy this memorable night honoring the cadets for their accomplishments.
Please join the Ambridge Area School District in recognizing the below cadets in honor of their achievements in the program.
Cadet 1st Lieutenant
Cadet 2nd Lieutenant
Cadet Gunnery Sergeant
Cadet Staff Sergeant
Charles Beisgen Tyler Baker
Logan Erickson Sarah Hottenfeller
Julia Parison Thomas Shelton
De’Vonte Banks Morgan Isles
Jenna Kunkle Brody Rogers
Cadet Lance Corporal
William Abel Tyler Czoper
Tyler Baker Marcus Hauser
Bianca Brown Mackenzie Isle
Tyler Burmer Dante King
Seth Kovach Nicholas Lapishka
Gabriel Miller Tishon Myers
Cadet Private First Class
Justin Baker Lucas Bedillion Ryan Benes
Daisy Bennett Nicholas Benton Autumn Brickner
Ayreonna Clark Gabriel Cofer Logan Diegmiller
Jordan Dixon Jaden Flannery Logan Hoover
Nathanial Johnson Rosella Laughlin De’Andre Lee
Madsion Leek Cameron Marks Dimitri Martiny
Rachel Miral Jaelon Mycyk Jace Pawlishak
Zach Ryan Austin Stokes Zoe Strawser
Braedon Thomas Nickolas Waxler
Earned Dress Blues:
On Wednesday April 19, 2017 at its regularly scheduled voting meeting, the Ambridge Area School District Board of School Directors voted to approved the District Calendar for the 2017-18 School Year.
On Wednesday April 19, 2017 at its regularly scheduled voting meeting, the Ambridge Area School District Board of School Directors voted to hire Dr. L. Joan Welter to be the District’s next Superintendent. Dr. Welter will have a three-year term beginning July 1, 2017. Dr. Welter and her family have lived in the District for over 20 years. Please see the attached Press Release for more information about the hiring of Dr. Welter.
Special thanks to Penn State for allowing us to participate in the annual PSU Beaver senior pride day! The students were able to tour the campus, eat lunch and participate in a pride challenge with neighboring beaver county districts. In addition students were waved the application fee for all campuses. Great job Ambridge!