2017 Baden Applefest winners
1st – Ivan Yuu
2nd – Trinity Hines
3rd – Levi Westfall
1st - Brooklyn Wongg
2nd – Hannah Miller
3rd – Zoey Bedallian
1st – Emily Lyon “Owl”
2nd – Darnasia Raines “Blue Moon”
3rd – Sarah Gray “Random Town”
1st – Karlee Washington “Gym”
2nd – Lucas Antkiewicz “Recycle Taco Truck”
3rd – Jacob Schmidt “Eye”
1st – Navon Locust “Colored Eye”
2nd - Allison Dugan “Doberman”
3rd - Cheyenne Bennett “Bear/Girl”
1st – Kia Millie “Brown Peace”
2nd – Dante Torhan “
3rd – Anthony Montagna “Rainy day”
People’s Choice award
The following days in January have been changed on our district calendar to FULL days of school:
- Friday, January 13 (Full Day K-12)
- Monday, January 16 (Full Day K-12)
- Tuesday, January 17 (Full Day K-12)
School will be in session for ALL of the remaining weekdays in January. The district is currently working on publishing a new calendar for the remainder of the school year. You will be receiving a copy within the next few days.
AAHS INTERACT TRICK OR TREAT EVENT
FOR: AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS IN GRADES 6 AND UNDER.
WHEN: MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2017
WHERE: HIGH SCHOOL LOBBY
TIME: 6-8 P.M.
WEAR A COSTUME AND HAVE FUN!
AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
• Responding to numerous parent concerns about the Trump Rally in the Field House
• The District will have a shortened school day for all students tomorrow Monday, October 10, 2016
• The High School and Junior High School will dismiss at 11:00 AM
• The Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12:00 noon
• Parents using their own judgment may believe it is better to keep their children home from school on Monday
• District Officials have been monitoring the planning with Law Enforcement since last week and met on Friday with Secret Service and local law enforcement and were satisfied with the planning to date – Again, today Sunday District Officials have observed planning at the Field House are satisfied with the level of national, local and district preparations.
• Keep in mind that when Mr. Trump makes his remarks at the Field House which is a separate building away from the high school building all of the district school buildings will be closed including the high school
• No student will be required to attend or encouraged to attend this rally, that decision will be up to those students and their parents
August 6, 2017
As you may already know, Kevin Hudac passed away Friday, after an unfortunate accident. Kevin was a recent graduate from the class of 2017. We know that this type of loss can greatly affect our children and our school community.
We will bring in our professionals and prevention specialists from the Prevention Network to help our children deal with their emotions and reactions to feelings of fear and loss. Services will be available in the High school office Monday August 7th from 9am to 1pm and by appointment as needed moving forward. Please contact the Guidance office at 724-266-2833 x2377
This type of death can produce many different responses to loss. There can be shock, fear, sadness, shame, anger, and guilt. Every individual is different. Some may not react at all while some children will display grief openly and want to talk about the death and their feelings. Talking can help children with their fears about their own possible losses.
Sometimes grief can be expressed in actions. Be aware of behavior changes such as crying, over-reacting to small stresses, complaining of stomach or headaches, or acting tired or withdrawn. If you become concerned about your child’s behavior, please call the school to ask for help.
Know that your teachers and counselors are here to help with any problem your child may encounter. Please call your school if you need assistance for your child.
Ms. Janice L. Zupsic
Senior High School Principal
Ambridge Area School District
Studio Baden took fantastic photographs from graduation. Here is the link to order:
PROPERTY FOR SALE
Ambridge Area School District is offering the former school known as Ridge Road Elementary for bids. The property is located at 1855 Zehnder Road Economy Borough Beaver County, Pennsylvania and consists of 3.65 acres improved with a one story metal former school building containing 22,234 square feet, plus a partial basement. The RFP for this sale will be available beginning on May 31, 2016. Bid packets may be picked up at the District Administration Office at 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 or can be downloaded at the bottom of this article.
The property will be open for inspection by bidders on June 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The deadline for receipt of proposals is 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016. Bids will opened at the Board meeting on June 22, 2016 at Ambridge Area High School at 7:00 pm.
Congratulations to Ms Chelsea Benedict on her nomination for a Golden Apple Award from AAHS.
Her tireless dedication to our students above and beyond the school day is remarkable and with a very positive impact.
Ms Benedict was nominated for the 2016-2017 academic year award by Mr. Booher, Assistant Principal.
We look forward to May 27th when the winners will be announced by The Prevention Network at reception to honor all district nominees from the Beaver County Area.
May 30th, 2016 – Memorial Day – No School
May 31st, 2016 - Snow Make-Up Day – No School
June 1st, 2016 – Kennywood School Picnic - No School
June 3rd, 2016 - Last Day for Students | Senior High Graduation
Dismissal times for June 3rd :
Secondary Schools will dismiss at 11:00 A.M.
Primary Schools will Dismiss at 12 Noon
Graduation starts promptly at 6:00 P.M.