The Ambridge boys volleyball team is one win away from their fifth straight WPIAL Class AA title after sweeping Montour, 3-0. Good luck to the team!
AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
• Responding to numerous parent concerns about the Trump Rally in the Field House
• The District will have a shortened school day for all students tomorrow Monday, October 10, 2016
• The High School and Junior High School will dismiss at 11:00 AM
• The Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12:00 noon
• Parents using their own judgment may believe it is better to keep their children home from school on Monday
• District Officials have been monitoring the planning with Law Enforcement since last week and met on Friday with Secret Service and local law enforcement and were satisfied with the planning to date – Again, today Sunday District Officials have observed planning at the Field House are satisfied with the level of national, local and district preparations.
• Keep in mind that when Mr. Trump makes his remarks at the Field House which is a separate building away from the high school building all of the district school buildings will be closed including the high school
• No student will be required to attend or encouraged to attend this rally, that decision will be up to those students and their parents
Pictures of Renick Sheet Metal Foreman Rob Dunbar whom resides in Freedom Pa. Pictures capture the care taken to prevent dirt from entering the duct after production in Butler Pa and as its stored on the project site. The procedure of covering duct in this fashion is used in Leeds Certified projects.
Installations under way
• The Piping mains in the hallways are about 98 percent installed and have been pressure tested.
• All of the classroom Unit Ventilators and Shelving Units have been demolished.
• The pads have been poured in the mechanical Room and the Major equipment and pumps have been set on them.
• The Chiller Pad is constructed.
• The two Air Handling Units in that supply the locker rooms are demolished and the replacements are hung in place.
• Ductwork and Piping are being installed on in the Mezzanine and is 90 % complete.
• The Roofing is finished and the RTUs are set in place.
• Piping run outs have been started and are 90% Complete- Insulation is following very closely to piping completions.
• Electrical circuits are being installed.
• Mini Cassette Evaporator hung in Shop and Faculty area.
• DLC has been on site for first shutdown and is sending an engineer to access the vault condition.
• Switch Gear is in schedule and will arrive by Monday 8/15/16
• Unit Ventilators began arriving a today. All will be received by next week. Installations of UVs beginning immediately.
• Installation of Boilers, HW Heaters, Pumps and other Hydronic have started and are around 40 % installed.
• OZ Enterprises have begun installing the Controls wiring.
Congratulations to our Bridgers as they move on the the WPIAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH on FRIDAY at BALDWIN HIGH SCHOOL at 6:00pm, main court, Ambridge vs. BCCS
ALSO -- SPREAD THE WORD -- THE BOOSTERS WILL BE PAYING FOR A FAN BUS FOR FRIDAY'S MATCH. It is FREE to ride the bus. However, we will ask for a $5.00 deposit, which will be returned when they get on the bus to purchase their ticket to the WPIAL Match at BALDWIN. THIS IS A STUDENT ONLY FAN BUS. The boys will be at ALL Lunch periods signing students up for the bus. We need a minimum of 20 students for this to happen.
Ambridge students partook in the annual Senior Pride Day at Penn State Beaver where students competed in special challenges designed to teach them about balance, leadership, time-management and communication; skills that are necessary for success in college! This year our students came in second place on the day of competition and 3rd overall out of 8 schools that participated. Great job guys!
AMBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
June 6th – June 10th 2016
(9am – 12noon)
Camp Registration to Begins Monday at 8:15am
CAMP FEATURES CAMPERS RECEIVE
*Fundamentals Emphasized *Camp T-Shirt
*Great Individual Attention *Great Instruction
*Constant Encouragement *Awards
**Shooting/Passing/Dribbling/Ball Handling/Rebounding/Free Throw/Full Court Drills**
For more information, click the link below.
Before Ambridge senior Capen Brendle focuses all his attention on his studies in the fall, he'd like to help the Bridgers cap off a four-peat in volleyball as WPIAL champs. To visit the article and video on the Times Online, click here.
Congratulations to the student of the month and extra effort winners!
Student of the month:
9th: -Ryan Racioppo
10th - Adam Fisher
11th -Priya Runner
12th- Sean Malatesta
9th: -Bianca Brown
10th - Camren Nelson
11th -Luke Sweigart
12th- Cierra Barnum
PROPERTY FOR SALE
Ambridge Area School District is offering the former school known as Ridge Road Elementary for bids. The property is located at 1855 Zehnder Road Economy Borough Beaver County, Pennsylvania and consists of 3.65 acres improved with a one story metal former school building containing 22,234 square feet, plus a partial basement. The RFP for this sale will be available beginning on May 31, 2016. Bid packets may be picked up at the District Administration Office at 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 or can be downloaded at the bottom of this article.
The property will be open for inspection by bidders on June 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The deadline for receipt of proposals is 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016. Bids will opened at the Board meeting on June 22, 2016 at Ambridge Area High School at 7:00 pm.