Constellation Energy and Local HVAC Contractor Renick Brothers Set New Roof Top Heating and Cooling equipment as part of the Ambridge Junior High School Energy Performance Project currently under construction.
Installations under way:
• The Piping mains in the hallways are about 80 percent installed. Insulation of these lines began last week and the majority have been pressure tested.
• All of the classroom Unit Ventilators and Shelving Units have been demolished.
• Boiler Room demolition is around 100%complete and Pads are being poured for Boilers.
• The Chiller Pad is being installed
• The two Air Handling Units in that supply the locker rooms are demolished and the replacements are hung in place.
• Ductwork is being installed on in the Mezzanine.
• The Roofing is finished and the RTUs are set in place.
• Piping run outs have been started and are 20% (no insulation).
• Electrical circuits are being installed.
• Mini Cassette Evaporator hung in Shop.
Upcoming & Continuing Tasks:
• Take Delivery of the Unit Ventilators 8/11/16, Installations to begin immediately of UVs and Shelving Units.
• Installations of Piping Run Outs to UVs and other equipment.
• Continue Insulation of piping.
• Controls Installation.
• Piping installations.
• 3000 Amp Electrical Main Panel Installation.
• Continue installation of needed electrical upgrades for HVAC upgrades
• Boiler Room Installations of both equipment and Piping – Not a 911 right now.
• Chiller Pad Fencing .
• RTU installations.
• Incremental equipment installations. ( Fan Coils, Mini Splits and PTAC units)
• Coordinated targeted cleanup started 8/9/16 for upcoming school activities.
• Teachers get classrooms back on 8/30/16.
• School Begins 9/6/16.
• Building heating on 10/15/16.
• Project substantial completion by 3-31-17.