The Department of Health is currently holding immunization clinics across the commonwealth to provide vaccines at little or No cost for children through 18 years of age who are Medicaid eligible, uninsured, underinsured, or American Indian or Alaska Native.
The cost is $5 per child (payable by check or money order) for families above income guidelines. No child will be turned away Because of an inability to pay.
Specific clinic information is available by clicking on the student’s county of residence at http://www.health.pa.gov/Your-Department-of-Health/Offices%20and%20Bureaus/Bureaus/Pages/Back-to-School-Immunization-Clinics.aspx
Pictures of Renick Sheet Metal Foreman Rob Dunbar whom resides in Freedom Pa. Pictures capture the care taken to prevent dirt from entering the duct after production in Butler Pa and as its stored on the project site. The procedure of covering duct in this fashion is used in Leeds Certified projects.
Installations under way
• The Piping mains in the hallways are about 98 percent installed and have been pressure tested.
• All of the classroom Unit Ventilators and Shelving Units have been demolished.
• The pads have been poured in the mechanical Room and the Major equipment and pumps have been set on them.
• The Chiller Pad is constructed.
• The two Air Handling Units in that supply the locker rooms are demolished and the replacements are hung in place.
• Ductwork and Piping are being installed on in the Mezzanine and is 90 % complete.
• The Roofing is finished and the RTUs are set in place.
• Piping run outs have been started and are 90% Complete- Insulation is following very closely to piping completions.
• Electrical circuits are being installed.
• Mini Cassette Evaporator hung in Shop and Faculty area.
• DLC has been on site for first shutdown and is sending an engineer to access the vault condition.
• Switch Gear is in schedule and will arrive by Monday 8/15/16
• Unit Ventilators began arriving a today. All will be received by next week. Installations of UVs beginning immediately.
• Installation of Boilers, HW Heaters, Pumps and other Hydronic have started and are around 40 % installed.
• OZ Enterprises have begun installing the Controls wiring.
Each year we build an end table as a culminating project in Manufacturing Technology I. This past school year we took it a little farther by including an inlaid checkerboard. This addition to the table was an option. There were about 15 students that chose to do this with their tables. The results were fantastic and I am sure we can include this again next school year.
Ambridge Boys' Volleyball vs. Northeastern PIAA Championship Match
Where: Penn State Univeristy Park - Recreation Building - Rec Hall, State College, PA 16801
Date/Time: Saturday, June 11th @ 11AM
Broadcasts: Watch LIVE coverage on PCN (cable TV in Pennsylvania only) and online with a PCN Select subscription.
Saturday, June 11, 2016
PIAA Boys AA Volleyball Championship
Ambridge vs. Northeastern (Manchester)
11:00 a.m. - LIVE on PCN (cable)
3:00 p.m. - Re-air on PCN (cable)
Sunday, June 12, 2016
All games will replay on PCN Select beginning at 9:00 a.m.
PIAA Boys AA Volleyball Championship
PIAA Boys AAA Volleyball Championship
PROPERTY FOR SALE
Ambridge Area School District is offering the former school known as Ridge Road Elementary for bids. The property is located at 1855 Zehnder Road Economy Borough Beaver County, Pennsylvania and consists of 3.65 acres improved with a one story metal former school building containing 22,234 square feet, plus a partial basement. The RFP for this sale will be available beginning on May 31, 2016. Bid packets may be picked up at the District Administration Office at 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 or can be downloaded at the bottom of this article.
The property will be open for inspection by bidders on June 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The deadline for receipt of proposals is 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016. Bids will opened at the Board meeting on June 22, 2016 at Ambridge Area High School at 7:00 pm.
AMBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
June 6th – June 10th 2016
(9am – 12noon)
Camp Registration to Begins Monday at 8:15am
CAMP FEATURES CAMPERS RECEIVE
*Fundamentals Emphasized *Camp T-Shirt
*Great Individual Attention *Great Instruction
*Constant Encouragement *Awards
**Shooting/Passing/Dribbling/Ball Handling/Rebounding/Free Throw/Full Court Drills**
For more information, click the link below.
The Board of School Directors have completed their rounds of School Board Meetings at the various District school buildings. Through December, 2016 all School Board Meet and Discuss Meetings and School Board Meetings will be held at the Ambridge Area High School Auditorium.
|Meet and Discuss||Board Meeting|
|6/15/2016 - CANCELLED|
May 30th, 2016 – Memorial Day – No School
May 31st, 2016 - Snow Make-Up Day – No School
June 1st, 2016 – Kennywood School Picnic - No School
June 3rd, 2016 - Last Day for Students | Senior High Graduation
Dismissal times for June 3rd :
Secondary Schools will dismiss at 11:00 A.M.
Primary Schools will Dismiss at 12 Noon
Graduation starts promptly at 6:00 P.M.
PUBLIC INSPECTION OF PROPOSED 2016-2017 FINAL BUDGET
In accordance with Act 1 of 2006, notice is hereby given that the Board of School Directors of the Ambridge Area School District will make the 2016-2017 School Year Proposed Final Budget available for public inspection beginning on May 23, 2016, on the district website at www.ambridge.k12.pa.us and in the Superintendent’s Office at 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Final action on said budget will be taken at a meeting of the Ambridge Area School Board to be held on June 22, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the Auditorium of Ambridge Area High School, 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003.
By Order of the Board
Before Ambridge senior Capen Brendle focuses all his attention on his studies in the fall, he'd like to help the Bridgers cap off a four-peat in volleyball as WPIAL champs. To visit the article and video on the Times Online, click here.