Spring Concert Dates
4/25 – HS Choral
4/27 – HS Steel Band
5/2 - JHS Band
5/3 – HS Concert & Jazz Bands
5/4 – JHS Choral
6/5 – SS Choral & Recorder
6/6 – EE Band
6/6 – HE Choral & Recorder @ HS
6/7 – SS Band & Steel
6/8 – EE Choral & Recorder
6/13 –Band & Steel
All programs begin at 7p
Is your child ready for Kindergarten? Set up an appointment today!
Make-Up REGISTRATION DATE:
Thursday, May 11th 4:00pm – 7:30pm
Location: Ambridge High School – Library 2nd floor
To schedule an appointment to register a child for 2017-2018 Kindergarten, call Cathy Hopkins at 724-266-2833 ext. 1273
Age Requirement: A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if she/he is five (5) years old on/or before September 1, 2017
Congratulations to the Ambridge Area Girls' Cross Country Team! On Thursday, October 27, the team placed third, qualifying them for the Pennsylvania State Championship. In the AA race, Mica Hanish placed 2nd and Leuca Hanish placed 15th. The other members of the girls' team are Elyssa Penson, Julianna Detrick, Samantha Giordani, Nadine Bosh, and Hannah Doncevic. Congratulations to the boys' team as well for a great season! Good luck to the girls competing at States!
Congratulations to the student of the month and extra effort winners!
Student of the month:
9th: -Ryan Racioppo
10th - Adam Fisher
11th -Priya Runner
12th- Sean Malatesta
9th: -Bianca Brown
10th - Camren Nelson
11th -Luke Sweigart
12th- Cierra Barnum
Congratulations to Tyler Sproul, a seventh grader at Ambridge Area Junior High, whose poster was chosen by The Highmark Caring Place as one of their posters for Children's Grief Awareness Day on November 17th! Great Job, Tyler!
In STEAM, students in 3rd Grade have been using Little Bits, electronic building blocks that snap together with magnets, to learn about creating circuits! The power source blocks, input blocks and output blocks are all color coded, and they have been learning about how the input affects the output by tying in the Reading skill, "cause and effect!"
Halloween at the High School!!!
Sponsored by The Interact Club
WHEN: October 25, 2016
WHERE: Ambridge Area High School
TIME: 6 pm-8pm...
FOR ALL STUDENTS IN GRADE 6 AND UNDER.
Hope to see you there!
CHIPPEWA TWP. -- It quickly became apparent that the Ambridge girls’ soccer team was entering uncharted territory Monday night after a 6-3 playoff-clinching win over Blackhawk.
“This is the first time in my career I’ll be going to the playoffs,” said senior captain Taylor Mealie, who's first half goal extended the lead to 3-1. “I had faith in my teammates that we could do it.”
That faith, though, would have been wasted without actions. The Bridgers needed to win at Blackhawk to make the playoffs.
Todd Courson (Renick Bros) and Jody Petti (Oz Controls) start up the High Efficiency Lochinvar Boilers installed at Economy Junior High School for Constellation/Ambridge Area Schools Energy Conservation Project.
Nicole Poulos is doing a canned food drive for the Center for Hope locally based in Ambridge.
We will be collecting at the following varsity football home games by the front gates and by the band concession stand:
Collecting during school the week of October 17th.
Ask your teachers for bonus if you donate.
AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
• Responding to numerous parent concerns about the Trump Rally in the Field House
• The District will have a shortened school day for all students tomorrow Monday, October 10, 2016
• The High School and Junior High School will dismiss at 11:00 AM
• The Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12:00 noon
• Parents using their own judgment may believe it is better to keep their children home from school on Monday
• District Officials have been monitoring the planning with Law Enforcement since last week and met on Friday with Secret Service and local law enforcement and were satisfied with the planning to date – Again, today Sunday District Officials have observed planning at the Field House are satisfied with the level of national, local and district preparations.
• Keep in mind that when Mr. Trump makes his remarks at the Field House which is a separate building away from the high school building all of the district school buildings will be closed including the high school
• No student will be required to attend or encouraged to attend this rally, that decision will be up to those students and their parents
Students in Kindergarten through Sixth Grade were awarded a certificate for being chosen as Sept. Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students. Mrs. Parisi has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with Mrs. Parisi and State Street principal Mr. McKelvey in the picture are the following students: ELLA STIMMEL, CARSYN MCELROY, MAX MARMAGIN, QUINN TKATCH, ZHEKIYAH REDDICK,DAKOTA JELLISON, & JAIDA KINTER.
Congratulations to all!